Smart Quiz: What Online Tool Finds Programs to Help with the Cost of Food, Medical Bills, Household Utilities, etc.?
A: Benefits Checkup
B: Homeowners Association
C: Social Security
D: Red Cross
Answer: Benefits CheckUp
No one wants to go through the process of finding benefit programs one-by-one, only to apply without knowing if you even meet the qualifications. One handy tool, called BenefitsCheckUp, resolves the stress of finding what you need by handily listing everything in one place, with easy-to-access qualification information.
Benefits CheckUp is offered by the National Council on Aging. Designed specifically for seniors, it helps users find state, federal, and local programs so they can save or even generate income. You can use BenefitsCheckUp to find programs and resources that help with the cost of utilities, food, medicine, transportation, and more.
- There are more than 2,500 benefits available nationwide.
Benefits CheckUp offers you the option to select as many programs as you are interested in. Choose “Select All” when you search to ensure you see them all.
- Finding out which benefits are available for your situation is easy. Just complete a brief profile that includes location, age, income, and other basic information.
- Once the system has a general idea of what you’re looking for and what’s available in your area, you will be asked to give more specific information concerning your income, assets, medication, and more.
- After completing the survey, the tool will offer you a list of benefits that match your criteria and qualifications. You can choose which benefits are included in the final report and learn how to apply for each one on your list.
- Once you’ve received your final report, print it and keep it for your records or for reference to advance through other application stages off-site.
Your Golden Years are the best time to settle back and enjoy life. There is no reason not to take advantage of benefits you qualify for that relieve financial or life burdens. You might even find programs you hadn’t considered, like travel discounts and free admissions to concerts. Check back often for newly added programs or whenever your circumstances change; this may open up new opportunities for additional benefits.
Here’s to Your Financial Health!
Copyright 2019, FinancialHealth.net