(FinancialHealth)- Get Away and Enjoy the Great Outdoors
Planning a family getaway is all about finding that perfect locale. When choosing a campground to stay at, there can be a diverse selection of properties that range from rustic and overcrowded to well-kept with extra-large campsites. The highest-rated campgrounds are carefully reviewed by various guests and pros in the business, giving a clear picture of what to expect. Knowing where they are and what to look for gives you a leg up on your next camping trip.
Highest Rated Campgrounds Geared Toward Families
For a fun and affordable vacay, camping is at the top of the list for families. Here are some top-rated campgrounds from coast to coast.
- North — Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park, Frankenmuth, Michigan. Just a hop skip and a jump from Michigan’s little Bavaria town. Here, you’ll find plenty of family-friendly shopping, an indoor water park and activities including the world’s largest Christmas store, Bronner’s CHRISTmas Wonderland.
- South — Texas Lakeside RV Resort, Port Lavaca, Texas. This is the ideal place for the fishing enthusiast. This family-friendly campground boasts a stocked fishing pond for everyone to enjoy, along with other activities such as shuffleboard and a heated pool.
- East Coast — The Great Outdoors RV Resort, Franklin, North Carolina. Bring your furry friend with you. Nestled at the foothills of the Smokies, guests will enjoy the heated swimming pool, dog park, panoramic views and world-renowned hiking trails.
- West Coast — Durango RV Resort, Red Bluff, CA. Luxury camping resort on the Sacramento River. Basketball court for the kids and on-site massage services for mom and dad.
These are just a few; there are hundreds of top-rated campgrounds scattered throughout the country. Make an informed decision by doing a location search and categorizing details until you find the right one.
What Determines a High Rating?
A few of the main things a campground is rated on include:
- Price rates and availability
- Customer reviews
- Amenities and stores onsite
- Types, including cabin rentals and number of sites
- Onsite and nearby recreations
- Proximity to landmarks, attractions and cities
These factors are shared with customers on public forums and the campground’s private website. Each site is different in how they handle ratings. For example Good Sam rates campsites on a number scale from 0 to 10.
Look for Amenities and Recreational Options
Is it a must to have a pool for daytime relaxation or a good fishing pond for the kids? What about golf, hiking, and off-road ATV trails? You can find these at some of the top-rated sites.
Multiple clean-kept shower facilities, arcades, and an expansive general store will make a campground rating higher, too. The higher the rating, the more amenities, and activities they likely offer. Knowing the rating and the amenities available comes in particularly handy for those who like work and travel, as well.
Not everyone has a large travel trailer or class A motorcoach to camp in. There are a variety of campgrounds that accommodate the die-hard camper who may have just a tent or nothing at all. Cabin and RV rentals are available at most high-rated campgrounds and offer a camping experience for a moderate price. Backcountry tent camping is also popular at national parks and other designated sites.
Close to Nearby Attractions
Some of the highest-rated family campgrounds are near local attractions like museums, amusement parks and tourist attractions. Being close by allows campers to enjoy free shuttle services and early bird perks to rides, shows and exclusive tours.
Finding that perfect camping hot spot is something that families are after. Campgrounds pride themselves on high ratings and try their best to live up to that expectation. The good news is, customers return year after year, and you might just find one that you like, too!
~Here’s to Your Financial Health!
Copyright 2021, FinancialHealth.net