Smart Quiz: What Is The Fastest Way To Earn Extra Money For The Holidays?
- Phone Sales
- Side Gigs
- Affiliate Marketing
Answer: Side Gigs
It doesn’t matter if you’re working full-time or have been comfortably retired for years. We all find a need for a little extra money from time to time. The problem is that it’s often difficult to find jobs with flexible schedules so that we can work around our main job or family obligations. That’s where a good side gig comes into play.
First, be clear on what a side gig is. Side gigs are activities you do on your own to earn extra cash. When a serious commitment is made, the income from a side gig can even exceed income from employment.
There are tons of side gig options out there, whether you want to put your car or home to work or harness your own unique skills to freelance.
Side Gig Options
- Ridesharing with companies like Uber or Lyft allow you to set your own hours. Fill out your application today and you could start working this week.
- Love driving but don’t want to deal with people? Amazon Flex is adding drivers to deliver packages. You need a smartphone and will have to pass a background check.
- Don’t want to do the driving, but aren’t going anywhere? Use apps like Turo to rent your car out to other people based on your own availability.
- Those who love animals can use sites like Wag or Rover to find pet sitting or dog walking gigs on days they have availability.
- Love to write? Sites like Upwork and Freelancewritinggigs.com are great places to start looking for freelance assignments.
- Have an empty garage or shed; maybe a spare room? Use sites like Craigslist, Airbnb, or FlipKey to list your space for rent.
- Do you have an excellent credit score? Is your current credit utilization ratio under 15%? Selling tradelines allows you to basically sell the use of your credit card by adding people as authorized users on your credit card. They never know your name or any of your credit card information. All of the details are brokered through sites like Tradeline Supply and you get paid via commission.
- Have a camera, a good eye, and some basic photography skills? Start by listing some of your images for sale on stock photo sites. If you have more time to dedicate, consider offering small photo shoot packages for those needing things like headshots, new baby photos, or family portraits.
- Become a notary. It only costs about $100 to register with the state and you can then set your own fee to notarize documents on your own time.
- Are you handy around the house? Sites like TaskRabbit and Thumbtack will help you to connect with people who need odd jobs done around the house.
- Do you have some decent cooking skills? Hire yourself out as a personal chef. Visit people’s homes, do the cooking for them, and put away the leftovers for them. Offer single meals or bulk cooking sessions.
- Have your car wrapped and turn it into a rolling advertisement for another business. Sites like Wrapify facilitate agreements between car owners and companies. You can earn up to $500/month for being a rolling advertisement.
Your hobbies, interests, and existing work skills are all valuable resources when it comes to creating a side gig opportunity. The good news is that most of these don’t take a lot of time to get started once you’ve made up your mind. Sign up with the sites you’re interested in and you could be on your way to making extra money in a matter of days!
~Here’s to Your Financial Health!
Copyright 2019 – Financial Health.net