Smart Quiz: Which of These Selling From Home Methods is the Most Time Consuming?
- Garage Sale
Creating items to sell, getting organized, decluttering and making money are just some of the many great reasons people sell from home. The results of selling can offer peace of mind, extra money in the bank and more organization in your living and storage spaces.
Selling on eBay
Many, many people have had success on eBay, but it is one of the most time consuming platforms to work with. The process of taking photos and creating a detailed listing can be take up a lot of time, as can be packaging and shipping. There are listing fees to sell on eBay and the website takes a small percentage of each final sale.
Despite taking some extra time, an active and well-stocked eBay store can become a great source of income. There is also a new Handcrafted Marketplace subsection for individuals selling homemade goods for a flat rate instead of at auction.
Alternative Selling Options
There are tons of other options for selling from home. They include, but certainly aren’t limited to:
- OfferUp.com a convenient online platform with both a website and an app. There are no fees for listing and you can rate both buyers and sellers for transparency.
- Craigslist.org has a huge audience and is a great site for listing items or services to be sold locally. This is a great site to list or buy items to be sold locally – from a violin to a baseball card to a lawn mower.
- Poshmark.com is a great platform for selling new or pre-owned high-end designer clothing. It’s a very simple app with a social aspect that allows you to share other people’s listings with your network.
- Etsy.com specializes in the sale of handmade items, but you can also sell vintage products and bulk craft supplies. There is a small listing fee, but your listing stays live up to 4x longer than it does on eBay.
- Bonanza.com is a unique site similar to eBay, but specializing in the bizarre and quirky. Listing is free, with just a small percent taken after a sale.
- Garage sales are great if you simply want to clean out your house, get rid of as much as possible, and then put it away again or donate the rest. They aren’t great for ongoing sales as some localities place restrictions on how often you can have them.
No matter what you plan to sell, there is a platform out there for you. Making money from home is a lot simpler than it was when we were limited to print ads!
~Here’s to Your Financial Health!