(FinancialHealth.net) – The coronavirus is still spreading across the world, and U.S. officials are warning that it’s only a matter of time until it becomes an issue here. Sadly, more than 2,800 people have died as a result of the virus. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is warning that it could become a pandemic:
The virus is hitting people aged 50 and older especially hard, so it’s important to prepare for it just in case. Here are some steps you can take before a pandemic:
- Stay away from people if you have a fever or if you feel sick.
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly.
- Disinfect your workspaces regularly.
- Keep your hands away from your mouth, eyes and nose.
- Eat well, get plenty of sleep and drink lots of fluids.
- Create an emergency plan.
- Stock at least two weeks of food and water in your home.
- Speak to everyone who is part of your emergency plan.
- Make sure you have your prescriptions and over-the-counter meds like Tylenol and cold medicine.
- Get hard copies of your health records.
If we do experience a pandemic, Coronavirus has the potential to rapidly spread. The best thing we can do is get as ready as possible, like we would for any natural disaster. The ideal approach would be to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
~Here’s to Your Financial Health!
Copyright 2020, FinancialHealth.net