(FinancialHealth.net) – Financial troubles are no fun. They can literally keep you up at night. That’s dangerous for a number of reasons, but there are steps you can take to make sure you’re getting the sleep you need.
Research shows chronic stress can lead to a number of health problems including heart disease, anxiety and sleep issues. In short, it can kill you.
According to the 2018 survey by Northwestern Mutual, 44% of Americans said money was their primary source of stress. So, what should you do if financial woes are keeping you up at night?
- Don’t drink caffeine at least six hours before bed.
- Set a sleep schedule to help keep your body’s circadian rhythm on track.
- Keep your bedroom’s temperature comfortable to promote sleep.
- Speak to your doctor and make sure you don’t have a sleep disorder.
- Don’t look at your phone while you’re in bed.
Getting a good night’s sleep can help reduce the impact of stress on your body. Also, try following some of our tips to help save money. Getting to a place where you are financially comfortable will help as well.
~Here’s to Your Financial Health!
Copyright 2020, FinancialHealth.net